CENTENNIAL MEDICAL GROUP RESEARCH CENTER
Conducting Clinical Trials Since 2005
Centennial Research Center is a division of Centennial Medical Group. Centennial Research Center has been conducting clinical trials since 2005, and has successfully completed studies in a variety of internal medicine and family practice indications, as well as vaccine studies involving healthy volunteers. Centennial Medical Group supports the research center fully, and a full staff is available at the center. There are approximately 30,000 active patients who depend on Centennial Medical Group for their medical care. For more information,
please call us at 410-730-3399 or at 410-799-1695 and ask about our Clinical Research opportunities.
Currently Enrolling Studies
- Merck Type 2 Diabetes Study
- Astra Zeneca COPD Study
- Astra Zeneca Hypertriglyceridemia Study
- Obesity Study
About Our Program
Centennial Research Center has managed over 60 clinical trials ranging from high enrolling flu vaccine studies, to new diagnostic device studies, to complex pharmaceutical trials that involve highly specialized patient bases. We have worked with most major pharmaceutical companies, many of whom come back again and again to our practice because of the quality of our data, availability of our Primary Investigators, ability to enroll different therapeutic areas, and the ease of doing business with us.
The overarching company, Centennial Medical Group, is a Primary Care medical practice working closely with our research division in patient recruitment and management. The practice has 30,000 active patients who are widely diverse in both age and condition and who receive routine care in a variety of specialty areas. The sizable primary care practice allows our research providers to maintain a constant presence on the front lines of patient care.
Our operations and staff are qualified to handle a wide variety of Phase 2 through phase 4 studies, ranging from 1 to 200 study participants, and our research-patient population includes a cross section of ethnic backgrounds, ages, and medical conditions.
Centennial Research Center is committed to world-class research results and the development of quality assurance programs via rigorous staff education and internal audit programs. Continuous quality improvement, an ongoing effort, involves CRC’s entire staff, and bi-weekly training meetings are mandatory, as the key to quality research is constant training. Constant communication between sponsors, CROs, monitors, and Centennial Research Center staff helps provide optimal results.
About Our Staff
Steven Geller M.D. FACP CPI
Dr. Gellar is the medical director of Centennial Research Center and Centennial Medical Group. He graduated medical school from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and then completed his residency in internal medicine at the Johns Hopkins Hospital. He is board certified in internal medicine, and is a certified physician investigator. He is also a member of the examination committee of APPI/ACRP.
Rajiv Dua MD, MBA
Dr. Dua completed his family medicine residency from Wayne State University/Detroit Medical Center and has been a member of Centennial Research Center since 2004.He recently received his MBA degree from Johns Hopkins University. He is the director of the Centennial Medical Group weight management center and has passed the certification test for the American Board of Bariatrics, and so is very interested in our obesity studies.
Arlene Posadas CCRC
Ms. Posadas is a clinical research coordinator who is certified by ACRP. She is currently working on clinical trials for the treatment of osteoporosis, HPV, Diabetes and COPD.
Clinical Study Coordinators
Bachelor of Science from The College of William and Mary and Master of Arts from Johns Hopkins University
Bachelor of Science from Lincoln University
CRC Quality Assurance Program
We have spent years developing our protocols and training modules to ensure that all our staff and providers provide the highest quality data to our CRO’s and Sponsors.
Centennial Research Center has Conducted Studies
in Numerous Areas, Including:
- Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Family Practice
- Healthy Volunteers
- Internal Medicine
- Men’s Health
- Obesity and Weight Loss
Below are Some Details of Our QA Program
- Ongoing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) training and updating.
- Merge management system allows our staff to monitor all aspects of the patient experience.
- Standard Operating Procedures are in place for staff training, informed consent, drug accountability, drug storage, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
- External quality reviews are performed by Rx Trials Inc.
- All clinical research coordinators are expected to become certified.
- Our research director, Dr. Geller, is an ACRP Certified Physician Investigator.
- Our site and staff are members of the Society of Clinical Research Sites (SCRS) and Dr. Geller is a member of the Leadership Council of SCRS.
- A site-responsibility log is kept for all participants involved in a Centennial Research Center trial.
- All staff training and meetings are documented for review.
- Drug accountability is documented at the time of dispensation; drug dispensation is strictly controlled by study coordinators; and, only authorized study staffs have access to the drug supply room.